Thursday 13 October 2011

Loch Ard Forest walk from Aberfoyle



Gaelic meaning : High Loch
Height : 561 feet
Walk distance : 11 miles
OS Map : The Trossachs
Walk time : 4 hours
Difficulty rating : 1.5 out of 5


After a camping trip by Loch Achray, back in May last year I'd hoped to come back to this area to do a bit more exploring. With the weather not being the greatest I figured a high level walk would be pointless, so opted for a low level mid-distance walk and chose a walk through the woods at Loch Ard.


There are lots of tracks through the forest so I won't go into detail on the walk I chose, i'll just show some pictures from a great (if somewhat wet) day out.


Start from the main car park in Aberfole and make your way along the b829 signed for Loch Ard Forest.


Take your pic, there's plenty of walks.


Soon Loch Ard comes into view.











I really enjoyed the day, plenty of walking and plenty of points of interest. Highly recommended.






1 comment:

  1. I love Loch Ard, it has such an atmospheric fell to it. What do you think of this photo http://www.fotoviva.co.uk/news/photo-of-the-month/photo-of-the-month-loch-ard/

    ReplyDelete